Saturday, April 18, 2009

Bad Sun

So I got this idea in my head that I could get in touch with my exes and start over as friends. They're not bad people, I told myself. Let's take away the romantic agenda (which didn't work, obviously). We'd probably be better off as friends. We could be good friends -- best friends, even.

Some of you are probably laughing out loud by now. Some of you are probably rolling your eyes at my apparent lack of common sense. Yes, I can be naïve at times. This is one of those times. But I assure you that I never meant any harm. I was just sadly deluded.

So I got in touch with my ex from high school. I found him on Friendster. He was in a relationship. A pretty happy and stable one, judging from the PDA on his friendster profile. So I sent him a message. At first things went really well. He's an engineer now, so I could ask him academic related stuff and he'd get a kick out of acting all superior and knowing. I thought I owed that to his ego. Then things got out of hand. Suddenly, the girlfriend disappears. He starts calling me names like 'Manjaku', much to my distaste, and expecting me to report my every move to him 24/7. He obviously knows nothing about me if he's calling me stuff like that. But I swear I never treated him any differently from my other male friends. I'm rude and I swear quite often and I don't talk like a girl, especially in Tawau dialect. So my conclusion is that he's just a classic jerk who thinks I'm still 15 years old with a girly crush on him.

Right-o….So befriending High School X didn't work out….

I had also tried getting in touch with my ex from matriculation. I found him on Facebook. Things went pretty well with him. I could actually maintain a nice, friendly conversation with him. I thought that this is the way it should have been from the beginning, with us just being friends. So I apologized to him for breaking up with him. (Long story short, I knew we weren't suited for each other so I decided to end it then and there. Unfortunately, I did a bad job of explaining that to him). Yes, please laugh. Matriculation X never contacted me again after that. Be my guest, laugh some more. I'm guessing that he interpreted the apology as a desire to pick up the threads of our romantic relationship and carry on where we had left off. I don't blame him for running away from that.

By this time, I'm ready to roll around on the ground in embarrassment and annoyance at my stupidity and naivety. I was pretty close to doing so. Then Nena-nee kindly offered me this piece of advice : Exes are meant to be forgotten….

No, I am definitely not going to try and track down my ex from Penang -- I'll probably just traumatize him even more. I've learned my lesson.

8 comments:

Pepper said...

LOL.

Jiyuu, maybe that's why you choose your blog background, noticed that it got 4 leaves clovers? You need luck, real big luck to get exes understand that 'we're could only be friends, nothing more, nothing less'. I learn this the hard way.

Jiyuu said...

@Pepper
Eh? Should I really be aiming for more exes?

Alin Shoppe said...

my exes is worst i think..sorry not exes only ex. he keeps on stalking me on friendster and telling me about how good his life now with his new girl.that they are getting betrothed, how much he loves how she smiles and so on and so forth! did i ask..HELL NO!
your friend betulll.. exes are meant to b forgotten!

Mohd Hafiz Safwan said...

XXX...wow..!!!

Jiyuu said...

@goodmorningteacher
Your ex is a small man who still can't get over the fact that you dumped him and wants to make you suffer for doing so. He can be good friends with classic jerk. hehe.

@skidezourus
nape? x pcaya ah? hehehe....

Mohd Hafiz Safwan said...

hohoho..ok lah tuh..find another one here..start with me first..hahahahaha

Jiyuu said...

@skidezourus
only if we can be friends after I dump you.

Mohd Hafiz Safwan said...

Agree!!! tapi..belum apa2 lg dah ckp pasal possibility nak dump dah..huhuhu...tak nak lah camnih..

hehehehe..

RPG character