Thursday, November 11, 2010

Life so far and after that

I've spent four years studying to be a Civil Engineer. I have graduated, got my degree, and applied for jobs related to that degree. I have looked forward to using what I have spent four years to acquire. I have looked forward to playing a part in 'building Malaysia'.

Yet when things have reached their critical point, the so-called moment of no return, I find myself hesitating. Suddenly, being a Civil Engineer does not seem so fulfilling. It has lost its appeal even before I have begun to experience it. I am plagued with visions of a different sort, of dreams I have long discarded. Why, after four years of walking this road, do my regrets catch up to me now?

Regrets -- are they? I can still go down that road -- that which I have thought not to take. I can still change my direction. It is a winding road and one abound with obstacles. But the road is mine to traverse. The path is mine to clear.

Do I have the guts to take it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

begin with the end mind

Jiyuu said...

I wonder why one with something wise to say would prefer to be anonymous.

RPG character